This is one of our favorite dinner salads. It’s a deconstructed Cobb so that everyone in the family can pick the ingredients they like in their salad. We even leave the feta and the yummy homemade dressing on the side so that everyone can add as they prefer.
So even though the salad gets to the table looking quite tasty. By mid-servings it is a total wreck. Hubby likes everything including feta and dressing. Me, the same. The Red-headed boy had lettuce in one pile on his plate, chicken in another, bacon in another and tomatoes in another. No cheese, no egg, no avo and certainly no dressing. My baby boy likes most everything but sometimes no avocado.
Below is the recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Deconstructed Cobb Recipe:
Makes 5-6 servings
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6-8 cups baby greens including spinach
- 2 cups diced chicken from rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups diced plum tomatoes
- 2 cups diced avocados
- 1 cup chopped peeled hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup crumbled feta
Blend first 5 ingredients to create dressing. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
Place greens on large serving platter. Place rows of chicken, tomatoes and avocados, eggs and bacon atop greens. Sprinkle the salad with feta cheese. Drizzle dressing and serve. Or you can leave the feta and dressing on the side.